Do you already encourage happy customers to leave some love on your online profiles? If you don’t have a process to request reviews, you?must?develop one in 2019 to remain competitive and enhance your digital reputation.??
More than 95 percent of business owners believe online reputations are critical for success, and as many as 98 percent say reviews are important. Knowing?when?to ask for a review?for?your Google My Business page or?another profile can help you?improve?home?improvement?reputation management efforts in 2019 without negatively impacting your business.?
Obviously, you shouldn’t?ask for reviews if?your customer?didn’t appear happy with services?or products you?provided.?If the customer is pleased, however, don’t be shy about asking.?Here are?certain?times during 2019 when?a review?request?might?be appropriate?(and the?customer delighted?to comply):?
- When the?homeowner?tags your home?improvement company?in a social media post?that shows?off new enhancements to their?windows or home??
- When?a previous customer refers another homeowner?to your business?
- When a?homeowner buys additional products or arranges for new services after you’ve completed a job for them?
- When someone praises your staff or services in an email or on the phone?
- When someone appears to be revisiting your site or browsing products on your website after making a previous purchase of goods or services?
In 2019, you?should typically?point?customers?to Google first?for?reviews. The majority of people read Google reviews more often than reviews on other sites. Plus, more positive reviews on your Google My Business page?will?bolster your SEO position with the search engine.?
As you plan for 2019 home?improvement?reputation management efforts, make sure everyone on your team knows when it’s a good idea to ask for online reviews.
(Note: Monitoring your business’s online reputation is a requirement for success in the digital age. Try our free?Review Scan now?for an instant reputation report on your business.)?